OpenAI’s ChatGPT AI platform now includes speech and image capabilities, allowing users to engage in voice conversations and share photos for queries.
OpenAI, the firm behind ChatGPT, revealed on Monday that its generative artificial intelligence platform now includes picture and audio capabilities. Users who could previously only communicate with the AI tool via written prompts can now engage in audio discussions with the AI and send photos to ask inquiries.
Who is eligible for the voice and picture recognition functionalities of ChatGPT?
Over the following two weeks, voice and image features will be available to paid members – ChatGPT Plus and Enterprise users.
According to OpenAI, the voice communication capability will first be available on iOS and Android, while photos will be available on all devices.
How does ChatGPT use voice and picture recognition?
1. Open the mobile app and go to the Settings menu.
2. Select “New Features.”
3. Opt into voice conversations.
4. Once enabled, tap the headphone icon on the top-right corner of the home screen.
5. Choose from five different voices. OpenAI has collaborated with professional voice actors to create each of the voices
ChatGPT will also communicate with you using Whisper, OpenAI’s open-source voice recognition system that converts spoken words into text.
1. Tap the photo button to either capture or select an image.
2. On iOS or Android, you can add multiple images by tapping the plus button or using the drawing tool.
Language reasoning skills are used to pictures, screenshots, and documents that contain both text and images in these models.
How can the visual and audio elements of ChatGPT assist? Examples
According to OpenAI, the additional features can be utilized for a variety of applications, including:
• You can now have a back-and-forth chat with ChatGPT using your voice. While traveling, take a picture of a site and have a live talk about it.
• Use ChatGPT on the move to request a bedtime story.
• You can now show ChatGPT one or more photographs, such as why your grill won’t start.
• Take a picture of the inside of a refrigerator to get dinner dish ideas.
• Examine a complex graph for work-related information.